Saturday, May 17, 2014

If knitting were excersize, my ass would be rock hard.

Oh.  I'm smitten.



 ITS HERE.
NEW YARN.


So exciting that I completely forgot to make dinner for the kiddo. She had to remind me.  Oops.


The box
Chroma

 Anyhow.  Everything is wonderful with it.  Everything.  I love you KnitPicks.

I took them all out of the box and I held them all and I talked to them and told them that they'd all grow up to be beautiful and wonderful items and they were very excited about their future.

Maybe I'm making that part up.

But I did take them all out of the box and hold them.

Shadow Tonal
My dog.  Cause he's cute.
(I love the Chroma Worsted best, I tried to let them all think  I loved them equally)

And then I hand wound the Tonal.  Slowly.  It took a whole episode of House.  And my thumb hurt.  Boo. 

Then I ate some boneless chicken wings, which are really just chicken nuggets.  But somehow marketing has convinced Americans that they're chicken wings.  Whatever.  They're delicious. 

Then I cast on.  Oh, glorious cast on.  I started with Afternoon Tea, because (again) I've never made a shawl.  Shadow tonal held double, five stitches, on size 6 needles.


 I'm actually slightly disappointed in this pattern.  I thought it was going to be more complicated than it is.  Of course, I'm just in the top third, and it looks as though the lace patterning at the bottom will be more difficult.  But I've hope!  Its very pretty, and the yarn is delicious. 

I'm off to bed, and maybe knit a bit more. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment