Friday, May 23, 2014

The Future is Now

I finished Clapotis!  I'm stoked about it, because I think its beautiful, but I'm not going to count it towards my KnittyYear because I do want to make it again, when I reach the C's.

I started Anniversary Sweater, in stash yarn out of my red/pink bucket, using the alternating three strand stripe method.  I had to start it twice, because the first time I was watching Cloudy with A Chance 2, and I wasn't really paying attention, so I miscounted my ribbing.  Oops.

I wanted to start on Alata, but I can't find my 8 circ's, I'm going to look for them, but in all likelihood I'll just go buy another set, because they're probably buried in one of my other wips.

I received a message the other day that asked some questions that I'm going to answer here:
  • How long have you been knitting?  Roughly ten years.  I taught myself out of a book with cheap Red Heart Yarn and acrylic Susan Bates needles.  I still have one of my first projects (a large fan/flame blanket for the Kid) on the needles, about 3/4 done.  I'll finish it one day.  
  • Do you knit for a living/profit? No.  I'm a hairstylist by day at Carole Lucio Salon.  I knit as a way to manage my ADD and because I like it.  I had an etsy shop long ago, but I spent way more than I made, and so I disabled it.  I might set one back up.
  • What's your favorite yarn? My favorite, favorite yarn of all time is Yarntopia's woolsilk.  Its the first luxury yarn I ever bought for myself, and so not only does it knit up beautifully, it has a special emotional connection for me.  Yarns I buy over and over are KnitPick's Chroma worsted (which we've already discussed) and Crystal Palace's mini mochi.  I'm a sucker for long colorways within a skein, so those two always fit the bill.
  • Do you have a lys you go to?  I do have one, when I get a random Saturday off that I like to go hang out at.  Its Yarn and Stitches and they're very lovely there.
So there you have it.  Feel free to continue messaging me, or you can all start leaving comments, if you'd like.

No pictures today, because my phone is otherwise tied up.

No comments:

Post a Comment